Thursday, July 17, 2014

Paris, City of Fountains

I love fountains.  Paris is a city that has literally hundreds of them.  In comparison, my home town has three and is planning a fourth.  So below are some of my favorites, many of which I see regularly.  I've tried to organize them by location, starting with four (of the many)
in the Jardin du Luxembourg.  The next three I see a lot because they are close to my neighborhood.


Fountain of Catherine De Medici and the Leda Fountain

Fountain in the Grand Basin
Delacroix Fountain

Fountain on Blvd Observatoire
At the corner of Rennes and St. Germain

St. Sulpice Fountain (this one is huge!)




One of the two fountains in front of City Hall
In front of La Comedie Francaise
All these fountains can be found if you wander about the city!
Fountain at Place Royal
Fountain at Les Halles

One of the fountains at the Louvre
One of the fountains in front of the Grand Palais

Green fountains (some are other colors) for fresh drinking water--there are 180 of these which were given by an Englishman Sir Wallace to Paris in the late 1800s.

At Place de la Concorde


On Rue Monge
At Trocadero across the from Eiffel Tower

No comments:

Post a Comment